Tina, Kimi, Nida, Eva, Me and Deanne

Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's Saturday!

I have to get off my feet as I broke my 5th metatarsal on New Year's Eve. I was so dumb and didn't go to the ER. I went to my family doctor on the 5th and he took X-Rays and now I have to see the Ortho on Monday. I am mad at myself for not going to the ER. If I had gone in the beginning, I could have taken care of all this "doctor" business right then and there. Now I have to take time off from work, etc. etc. and drive over the Pali to see my doctor.

Since we have moved to Honolulu, I am thinking it might be time to find a doctor and dentist in town. Otherwise I will have to go back to Kailua.

I am watching football today. Just finished watching the Jets win and now I am watching the Eagles and the Cowboys. Go Eagles!!

I was in the office all week and had time to think about life, people and things. I thought about my friend, Elaine, who passed away this past October. I also thought about my Dad and how he was a river guide for Colorado River and Trail Expeditions. I looked on the CRATE website and found the trip that my daughter's and I did the summer of 2000. It was the 5 day Green River/Desolation Canyon trip. That trip was just so wonderful, to say the least. I was looking at the different river trips and saw the Alaskan trip. My Dad was on the first trip that CRATE went on.

Now I am getting up there in age and feeling like life is passing me by. All I do is go to work, come home and watch TV and then go to bed. Every day is the same. Hmmm. What is wrong with that? So boring! Of course there are days when I have an outing with friends but typically, every day is the same thing. I was going to start walking after work but now that I broke my foot, I'll have to put a hold on walking.

SOOOO, I was thinking about taking that Alaskan river trip. It only costs $3500 (choke), and I doubt that includes my air fare to Alaska. But its a 11 or 12 day trip this summer. Wouldn't that be so fantastic!!!! I'm not sure how many vacation days I'll have by then, but I can see.

I am going back to Utah in April, to see DD#3 graduate from College. That trip is a MUST!!! But after that, I will have vacation days I'll need to use. So, if not this year, then certainly next year!

But wait, in 2011 I was thinking about going to Scotland, England and Ireland to do family history. OH what to do, what to do. Either trip will be something new and fantastic.

If you want to see the website, I believe it is CRATEINC.com. This is a wonderful outfit to go with and I highly recommend this Desolation Canyon trip. DD#4 was 10 years old and the oldes DD was 19. A great trip for the family!!

Now I think I will post about my friend, Elaine, another day. Just a teaser....there will NEVER be another friend/character like Elaine..

Aloha,
Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. That would be so fun for you to go and do all those things! I love your blog mom. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mom! That was a fun trip, but I don't know if I could do that again now that I am older and more picky about being dirty and sticky and cold. Just remember to drink lots of water on your next river trip.

    ReplyDelete