Tina, Kimi, Nida, Eva, Me and Deanne

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Television

Ok.  So I am laid up with a broken foot.  I am supposed to keep my foot elevated and ice it every night after work.  I am happy to do this. What else am I supposed to do?  I watch TV every night and it's getting really OLD!  The worst part of TV?  COMMERCIALS.  I am so ready to punch that AT & T guy, Luke Wilson, in the face.  I want to kick the Progressive lady in the butt, all the way to Timbuctoo.  The lady on the CW who wants to just love her husband's daughter from an ex-girlfriend.  


There was one commercial I watched 29 years ago that didn't offend.  I was pregnant with DD#1 and very, very, very sick.  I mean so sick I couldn't eat or drink liquids of any kind.  One day I had the TV on to take my mind away from my nausea.  A commercial came on for Cristco Shortening.  Usually food commercials sent me righ to the bathroom.  


This commercial showed someone making an apple pie.  No one was talking; only music was playing.  It was calm and soothing music.  I watched it and didn't fell any nausea coming on.  That made the commercial a hit in my book.  I'll always remember that commercial!  It wasn't offensive.  It didn't bug me.  It didn't make me nauseated.  It was soothing and a beautiful thing to watch.  


Commercial makers - bring back good commercials!~!

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny but it's so true! I never want tv again just because of the Girls Gone Wild commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why I mute the tv during commercials, because they are so irritating after seeing the same ones 50 million times.

    ReplyDelete