Tina, Kimi, Nida, Eva, Me and Deanne

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pet Peeves

I just have to write down some of my pet peeves.  That's nicer than saying, "Things I Hate."  But really, pet peeve or something I hate, they all really bug me!   Here are a couple that I can think of right now:

1.  Son-in-Laws....Now, it is supposed to be SONS-in-laws.  If you have more than one son-in-law, you would say sons-in-law.  NOT sons-in-lawS.  This really bugs me.  Do you have more than one son?  Or more than one law?  Get it????

2.  I seen this.  Probably only in Hawaii to people use this phrase. People - it's I've seen this or I have seen this.  Get with the program!

Okay, this are the only two I can think of right now.  There will be more, later.

Aloha,
Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. I have heard numerous times the term "alls". Just a couple of days ago this lady said, "Alls I have are fives." This bugs me. All they have to do is eliminate the s and its fine. I don't know why people tack the s on anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought we were saying you hated our husbands. I had to read the first one a few times. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha me too!! I read it and thought she must be joking. But then I read the whole thing and realized she was talking about the words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your husbands!! Just can't stand when OTHER people call them son-in-LAWS. Like they are criminals or something! :)

    ReplyDelete